Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sugar Addiction for the Holidays

OOOOOOHHHH my the candy-coated chocolate morsels looked good in that giant glass bowl as I poured seven bags of them together on December 31st. It was a glorious mixture of plain, peanut, dark chocolate, pretzel, almond...

It's been our tradition for years to watch movies and eat candy and treats on New Year's Eve and this year, despite a slimming, healthful Summer and Fall, was starting out no differently.

As it turns out, I ate significantly less than usual this year, but still, that meant there were lots of leftover treats sitting there, calling my name. Today, January 4, I have called a halt to it. Well, almost--I ate a brownie at lunchtime...

I love sugar--especially chocolate--so I have to be careful. I feel better when I don't eat it, but it tastes so good.

Nothing clever or philosophical to say about it--no brilliant analysis, and not even guilt--it's just a fact--I'm addicted to sugar. I'm better off when I go cold turkey. Actually, some turkey would taste great about now...

No comments: