Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Begins - Now

Ah, those lazy crazy days of summer. Well, they were during my school years, when I put aside those pencils and books and had almost three months to sit in trees, ride my bike all day, or eat ice cream while reading comic books. Of course, that's not the case today.

Now, summer means longer days (more daylight is a mood lifter for me) and warmer temperatures--leave the jacket at home, but don't forget the hat. I haven't had a summer vacation since I was 17--at least one that went for months.

Now that I think of it, by mid August I was getting a little bored and it felt like it was time to settle back into the school year. A touch of cool breeze in the evening after a hot day. Then, September, a fresh start, with just a hint of melancholy--the party was over.

Favorite summer themed songs: A Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy (pictured); Summer in the City by the Lovin' Spoonful. How about In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry? One song that feels like summer, without the word in the title, is Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. I was 12 and that song was playing night and day.

Summer begins in California at 10:16 a.m. today. That's when this blog was posted.

No comments: