Friday, July 22, 2011

I Love My Wife - 22 Years Today

Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary. And, for the first time in that time, my wife and I are in different places on this special day.

Nothing like absence to make you realize how much you miss your loved one's presence--and take it for granted. Because we support each other's independence as well as really like each other a lot, we will survive this time apart fine. We do our own thing much of the time at home. But it doesn't make the house feel any less empty without her in it.

Meeting my wife-to-be brought an end to two years of dating after divorcing my first wife. I was just about fed up with the whole process--until I met her. See my blog post of February 8th for the details, but I can tell you, it was one of, if not THE, most important day of my life. When I saw her and felt her warm, powerful energy, I knew I'd found the right one.

That's how you stay married for decades. It's not like a romance novel--it's better. And you don't melt into one mutual blob--you become more who you really are with the support of the other person. I may not have known that then but I do now.

Can't wait 'til Sunday night, when she's back with me.

No comments: