Monday, July 18, 2011

Mazda5 - Like a Six-Passenger Miata

I've spent the last several days tooling around in the Mazda5, a unique mini minivan. It combines the sportiness of a compact sedan with six-passenger accommodations (three rows of two), dual sliding doors--and even has a manual transmission!

I took four friends with me to lunch last week and they rode just fine--as did the car--although one of them said the third row back cushion was a bit firm. I not only drove on freeways and around town but had a crack at some nice curvy two-lanes, including one evening in the dark for 17 miles, and I felt completely in control.

My colleague, who is expecting his second child soon, swooned over the compact size outside and grand accommodations inside. I think I've sold him one!

This size of vehicle is common in other countries, but for now, Mazda offers the only one of its kind here. Come 'n' get it!

No comments: