Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Take a Mental Break--Visit the Park!

After hours of slaving over a hot laptop, I needed a change of scenery yesterday. So, I went to the beautiful park down the road and spend 90 minutes hiking the paved trails.

I breathed deep and smelled the trees. In a shady canyon, I heard the rippling of a creek, still flowing from the rains we had last week. It was in the high 70's and still. Spring has arrived.

By the time I got back to work, I was in an entirely different frame of mind. I think I'll do it again soon. It's a shame to live a half mile from a major park and not go more often.

California Poppies in bloom. Don't pick them--they're protected (as the state flower).

2 comments:

CathyB said...

Mt. Diablo?

Steve Schaefer said...

It was Lake Chabot park in Castro Valley.