Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fine Time with Mom

It's always a pleasure to take advantage of living in one of the great vacation destinations in the world. Today, my mother and I strolled beneath the world famous Golden Gate Bridge along a path that used to be part of the Presidio Army Base in San Francisco.

We ate a pleasant lunch at the Warming Hut before heading out along the shore. I'm sure the hut is especially welcome on cold, foggy days, but today, the weather cooperated with temperatures in the low 60s and clear skies.

I learned something new about my mom today. She often takes this walk, and it's her habit to go up to the tourists and offer to take their photo together. It makes them very happy, and means they'll have a keepsake that includes everyone to send back to their friends at home. And, they'll remember a small kindness from a San Franciscan, too.










I hope we'll be able to go back to Crissy Field again soon.




1 comment:

CathyB said...

I love walking under the bridge - but I've done it at the other end. Here's another place to explore. And I love what your mom does!