Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Miscellany

I knew St. Patrick's Day was coming because of all the green candy in Safeway, among other things. I realize that it is a religious holiday for some but here are a few things that I am celebrating today.

THE SAINT HIMSELF. Generally recognized as the Patron Saint of Ireland.

CARS: Choose one of six green wraps for your smart car to honor St. Patrick's Day!

MUSIC: Hear a live version of John Mayer singing St. Patrick's Day.

SPORTS: The Belfast Giants. This inspirational sports team plays ice hockey in a neutral arena for Catholics and Protestants to share. The fans, the team, and even the cheerleaders are made up of both Protestants and Catholics. I read about them in the March 21, 2011 issue of Sports Illustrated.

2 comments:

CathyB said...

Well, you know me and hockey. Thanks for that last bit. I'll follow up on that.

Steve Schaefer said...

The team sounds very cool in many ways...