Monday, March 21, 2011

My Next Car - Yeah Right

Well, I thought it was a big deal to drive a $127,000 Mercedes-Benz CL 550 for a week. That's nothing compared to the price of the new Porsche 918 Spyder.

If you want one, hurry, though--they're only making 918 copies over the next two years.

Here's Autoweek.com's take on this amazing machine.

The 918 Spyder is a gas-electric hybrid--you choose which fuel you use--a first for the brand.

Now, about that price. How about $845,000? Whew!

I actually am fond of the Boxster, currently Porsche's most "affordable" model. I drove one when they first came out in the late 1990s and loved the look, the feel, the shifter, the engine sound, the top-down cruising--everything, including the Guards Red paint. The Porsche I could afford now is that very car--a 1998 model!

No comments: