Saturday, February 5, 2011

Made Me Click--Great Hyundai Elantra Online Ads

Like many people today, I spend a significant amount of time online. And, of course, there are lots of ads floating in the righthand panel (and elsewhere). Sometimes they even run rudely across the page! Mainly, though, I see them but don't bother to click the button to open them.

Well, a couple of days ago I saw something so fascinating I actually clicked. It said, in all caps:

"REVEALING THE TRUTH BEHIND "COMPACT" CARS -

PREPARE TO BE DEPROGRAMMED ON 2-6-11.

As an auto writer for 19 years, I couldn't resist. So I went to compactconspiracy.com.

And I ended up at Hyundai's website. The new, 2011 Elantra was there to greet me.

I saw this car at the 2010 San Francisco Auto Show and have also read about it. It is another huge leap forward for Hyundai. The Korean manufacturer is one of the bright spots in the automotive marketplace over the last few years. The brilliant new Sonata midsize sedan is the first Hyundai to make it into the top 10 vehicles sold list. The Tucson is a sweet take on the compact crossover. The Genesis is a fine upscale sedan, and the Genesis Coupe is a real competitor for the legendary Nissan 370Z.

The Elantra, a huge favorite with Consumer Reports for its quality and reliability, is now great looking too. I'll test one for a week sometime this Spring.

No comments: